January 22nd, 2010

So since the New Year, in an attempt to avoid laziness, I've been exercising regularly (at least 3 to 4 times a week which is more than I've ever done, really, especially during the winter). I wouldn't really call the exercising a New Year's resolution, but it sure has me feeling incredible! Not only do I feel great physically, but the time I've dedicated to exercising has been very meditative for me. I read the first couple of pages of Murakami's What I Talk About When I Talk About Running, and I agree with a lot of his sentiments... "No matter how mundane some action might appear, keep at it long enough and it becomes a contemplative, even meditative act." I guess that's why dish-washing and laundry-folding are also meditative acts for me ;)

2 comments:

GoodJuju said...

Running, dish-washing, and laundry-folding are meditative for me, too!

Wow, 5+ miles in 40 min? You're a beast!

Anonymous said...

I've done 5 miles in 40 mins before (thanks to Britney Spears). Probably won't be able to that again for a very long time.